Tuesday, March 23, 2010

un-swell swellings.


i've been having some serious allergy issues. & by issues i mean reactions that make my lips swell to 2 x angelina jolie's (i already have not so small lips). a week ago, this led me to the hospital walk-in & yesterday it was back to the doctor. i've spent a good many hours swimming in & out of antihistamine/steroid consciousness trying to make sense of what time/day it is. we're not sure if it's a food allergy or what, but the doc says that with each successive time it gets easier to trigger & is making me react to random things i'm not actually allergic to (making it hard to pinpoint). luckily the doctor prescribed me some non-drowsy superstrength antihistamines to start today, so keep your fingers crossed ( i love public healthcare). more posts to come now that i can make some sense! but first, i'm off to see a bit of this london spring-ing that i missed while cooped in a dreamstate for the last few days.

3 comments:

  1. Golly, sounds scary! Hope that you can sort it out soon and it's not too troublesome. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I'm dealing with what I think is a sort of food allergy myself, but nothing so immediate and serious. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, ladies. i'm hanging in. & sera, take care of yourself! allergies just get worse, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails