Wednesday, March 24, 2010

book screens


old hardcover books turned into bright folding screens? genius. i love how the designer used pages from the original books as the backing (& those extra, extra pages can be used in a hundred different projects). not that i'm advocating trashing literature, but some used book sales sell by the bag on the last day & this would be a great project. since many of these sales throw out the books that don't get bought, i'd much rather re-purpose. these screens would make for a fantastic photobooth backdrop with practical post-wedding use* and/or a killer headboard. i'd especially love to see one constructed from just one color palette of covers--subtle differences arranged in a progression, like paint-chip cards.

*i have to admit, anything that was used on our wedding day we decided either had to be re-usable afterward, & by re-usable i mean purposeful, or it had to be already owned. luckily we're pretty whimsical people, so things like $5 delineascopes counted as useful.

{via studiosam}

2 comments:

  1. Off-the-hook amazing!!! I love this. I'm adding this to the list of crafts that I will probably never get to but it's just so fabulous I have to make a note of it. maybe I should put that as an aside to my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I totally think a delineascope is useful... as art.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails