Thursday, April 22, 2010

beautiful machines




because i was a sport-playing teenager, i learned to loathe exercising indoors or without a ball-chasing purpose. as a twenty-something, this has meant that most of my cardio has come from walking/hiking/bicycling. but last week i sucked it up & joined the gym across the street. i've been feeling a little bit dark at the edges (my brain curling like burnt paper) & thought exercise might be a way to feel less stressed/ more motivated. so far. so good. this morning i had the mandatory meeting with the personal trainer. & though i was not excited (can't a gal just get her cardio on without someone watching?!) it wasn't so bad. i'm actually not unhealthy! plus, the trainer agreed with my cardio to clear my cluttered writer's head plan.

(i can't decide if i'm thrilled or disappointed that none of the machines i used today were as intricate as the 1920s exercise apparatus above. and my workout clothes? way less classy.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about the middle machine, I may have to cast aside my leggings and rethink my running outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I wish my gym were across the street. and that the weather would stop teasing me with sun only to walk outside and get hit with a downpour. plus is anyone actually getting any exercise from these machines?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails